Most of us end up with sore, tired feet at the end of a hard day, or after lots of physical activity. But if you find that pain in your feet is restricting your mobility, affecting your mood, or impacting your foot health, it’s time to take action.
OrthoSole has designed some of the best insoles for foot fatigue in the world market. Discover how these innovative products can provide you with some much-needed relief and deliver the support you need to enjoy exercise again!
What does foot fatigue feel like, and what causes it?
Foot fatigue is characterised by sore, tired, heavy-feeling feet that can begin to cramp, causing pain, discomfort and, in some cases, a limp.
Lots of things can cause tired and aching feet. You may be at particular risk of developing foot fatigue if:
- You work on your feet all day, without taking adequate rest breaks
- You play sports
- You have dramatically increased your exercise routine in a short space of time
- You have suffered from a foot or ankle injury in the past
- You are overweight or obese
- You are pregnant
- You suffer from venous insufficiency, ie a lack of proper blood flow to the feet
- You suffer from metatarsalgia, or other structural issues in the feet such as bunions or hammertoes
- You wear ill-fitting or unsupportive footwear
Most of us will experience tired feet after being active, or after standing up for longer periods of time than usual. But if your routine hasn’t changed, and you’ve started to notice that your feet feel disproportionately sore and uncomfortable, it could be time to take steps to get rid of these unpleasant symptoms.
How can you treat foot fatigue?
For relief from tired, aching feet, you should try:
- Maintaining a healthy weight (or losing weight if necessary)
- Taking regular rest breaks throughout the day or night
- Elevating your feet for 15 to 20 minutes
- Soaking your feet in warm water, or wrapping them in a warm, wet towel
- Practicing strengthening exercises
- Wearing shoes that fit properly
- Wearing more supportive shoes
You will also benefit from wearing orthotic insoles in your everyday footwear.
What are the best insoles for foot fatigue?
All the insoles in the OrthoSole range are designed to deliver enhanced support to your feet and combat the symptoms of foot fatigue.
For maximum benefit we recommend purchasing our Max Cushion for your Trainers & Work Boots (shoes with that bit of room) and then our Thin Style for your tight fitting / formal shoes. No matter what shoes you wear making sure the support is there!
Every OrthoSole insole comes with a selection of Light, Medium and Firm arch and metatarsal supports, which can be inserted to the bottom of the product to provide tailored cushioning to the parts of the feet that need it the most. To keep foot fatigue well and truly at bay, we would recommend wearing the Firm pads all day long, in all your regular footwear. However, if the Firm pieces feel uncomfortable, or are causing your feet to rub against your shoes, do try the Light or Medium ones for size.
The negative impact that sore, tired, aching feet can have on your state of mind should never be underestimated. Many of our customers are blown away by the difference that our insoles have made to their comfort levels, their mobility, and their overall quality of life. Discover what all the fuss is about – take a look at our full range of insoles for foot fatigue in our online shop!